If you have received many calls from spam, telemarketers or companies offering “exclusive benefits”, know that it is possible to block them on Android, Google’s operating system, before you even receive them.
For this you need the Google Phone app. In Brazil, the name of the application is simply Telephone and it can be downloaded directly from the Play Store.
When enabled, it can automatically identify spammy links and block them from bothering you. Your device won’t even ring. Nevertheless, they are saved in the “last calls” history, in case you need more information.
The feature also lets you see information about the origin of the call, even from people or businesses that aren’t in your contacts.
It should be noted that, for this purpose, the smartphone sends information about its phone calls to Google — it is he who identifies the code of the person calling and determines whether it is a spam. According to the company, however, the app does not have direct access to its already saved contact list.
Unfortunately, Phone is not available for all devices, as many manufacturers prefer to offer their own call program. Also, some of the app activation steps only work from Android 6.0.
On the other hand, it is increasingly accessible: previously exclusive to the Pixel range and smartphones with Android One, this feature is now available for several models from Motorola, Samsung, Asus and Xiaomi, among others.
How to activate the function
According to Google, caller ID and spam protection on the phone are enabled by default. But if this is not the case, it is important to activate them. See how:
- On your mobile, open the Phone app (or Google Phone);
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner (this is the field for the More options);
- Click on ‘Settings’ then on ‘Call and spam filter’ (or ‘Caller ID and Spam’);
- Activate the option ‘Show caller ID and spam’;
- Activate the option “Filter unwanted calls”. Missed call or voicemail notifications will not be displayed, but filtered calls will appear in your history and you will still be able to access your voicemail.
Report a number as spam
If you receive a number that is spam but has not yet been identified by Google, you can mark it as such so that you no longer receive calls from it and report it.
In practice, the call rings but a spam alert appears. In these situations, the user himself can block (or not). See the step by step.
- open the Phone app (Google Phone);
- At the bottom of the screen, tap ‘Recent’ (last connections);
- press for three seconds on the call you want to report as spam;
- click on it ‘Block/Report Spam’;
- If Google has identified a call as spam and gets it wrong, just click open.
#fed #spam #calls #Learn #block #Android